Monday, September 1, 2008

Cymmone's Birthday Party - Age 7

On August 26th Cymmone turned 7. She has grown so much. She is getting taller and taller each month. And she just about wears the same show size as her sister, SeKoixa, who is three years older than her. Cymmone is now 50 inches tall, and weighs about 56lbs.

Cymmone is a silly girl. She really knows how to make people laugh, or knows how to get on your nerves. I can always turn to her to get a smile. She loves to come up with the craziest knock knock jokes. She will call her friends in Utah, and tell them jokes that make no sense.
Her favorite one, Knock Knock, "Whose there?" - Baking Power, "Baking Powder Who?" - Baking Powder Boy That's Who. Just silly silly silly!
So for Cymmone's birthday we had planned to do a Salon Party. The salon I go to was allowing me to pay 150.00 to have 6 girls brought in to get hairdo's etc. I thought it was a great idea. I had little goodie bags with mirrors, pretties, the whole 9 yards. We were all ready to go. I called three days before to make sure, and then the bad news.
The two ladies who were going to do it, had been fired. I was pretty upset. It was going to be a blast. Everyone had confirmed to. So I had to break some hearts. So I had to come up with a quick last minute party. The first thing I did, was hit up the internet, and check out some kids magazines here in Atlanta. Great ideas there. I found one of those jumping places where they have all the blow up toys inside for the kids to jump and slide on. It cost me a good bit of money. But I had to do it in less than week. At least this time I was able to invite her entire class.
There was some confusion with that because her dad felt it was necessary to throw her a party as well with the school class to be invited, and he does this without talking to me first. Being the primary parent, I find this kind of rude of him and his wife. Someday they will learn what communication is.
So some of the parents were confused, but would have rather come to my party, knowing who I was already, and not her dad's. Maybe because it was something different to do instead of Chuck E Cheeses. I always get a good turn out, the other parents wonder how I do it. I will never tell my secrets.

So the party was great. The kids had a ton of fun. They got to jump for 70 minutes, and then eat cake and play video games etc. Some of us mothers even got up in the toys and played. What a work out. HA HA

No comments: