Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday Dalon


On November 20, 1995, 13 Years ago I gave birth to a beautiful little boy - Dalon Gerome Gonzalez. He was 1 lb 5 oz. He was 12 inches long. I called him my foot long hot dog. He had beautiful brown and blonde hair, and blue eyes.
He was the most amazing little guy, and such a fighter. He lost his fight in this world just a few short weeks later, but the impact he had on my life is endless.
I thank God for him everyday. Without him in my life, I would not be the woman and mother I am today. So today, I celebrate his life - his amazing life!
It has been hard living here in Georgia, because every year me and the girls would go see him for every holiday. Since we have not been home to Utah since we left, we have not had a chance to go see him.
We never missed a birthday and never missed a Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas, and Easter. You name it, we were there. The girls and I would sing to him, clean his grave site and take him toys.
Cymmone and SeKoixa have teddy bears I gave them over the past few years. The Teddy Bears they have belonged to Dalon. When I saw the movie brother bear, I was inspired to pass them onto my daughters. They both sleep with their bears, and know who their brother is. I am proud to share his story with them, and they are proud to say they have an older brother.

(thank you to my sisters for going down there the past few years and making sure they took him some decorations and allowing me to share in the moment)
Here are the pictures from the past two years.

No comments: