Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ALL A's HONOR ROLL



This is one proud mom!!! Both of my girls made the All A's Honor Roll.

I am so proud of them. The girls enjoy doing their homework more now that they don't get thumped in the head, and don't get punished when they have a hard time coming up with the answer. (And NO, it was not me doing that! Want to guess who?!)
I went and had breakfast with them this morning for the award ceremony for the honor roll. In 2nd grade there were about 12 students with all A's. Cymmone was one of them!! In 4th grade there were about 17 students with all A's, and SeKoixa was one of them. I was the only mother with two children in the All A's Honor Roll. Proud moment I tell ya! I am positive they will keep up the same throughout the year. Just goes to show with positive change comes positive rewards. Getting sole physical custody of Cymmone, and her dad walking away from raising SeKoixa might just be the best thing for my girls!

Anyways.... I am proud of the girls. They have come leaps and bounds now that I am back in control of things with their education. Cymmone is in 2nd grade, but reading at a 3.5 grade level. She is also in a program called SCORE. It is for gifted classes. She is doing well there. Amazing how she thinks. Cymmone has showed an interest in Karate, and they offer it once a week in afterschool. I will sign her up for that soon too. They have settled into their new routine with me and are coming along well.

SeKoixa's reading has jumped back up. I was concerned about her reading levels, but we are back to reading every night together. I had done that since they were born. Read to them all of the time just before bed. I stopped doing it all of the time about 6 months after I moved here. The schedule got to busy to do it, and my drive time home from work made it difficult to find time for it. SeKoixa is also back on top of her math skills. She is getting those times tables memorized, and works really hard in school. She has even had time to take on extra activities. She is in the school choir, and will be performing in the Nutcracker this year as a doll.


1 comment:

Alfred said...

Congrats to both your daughters!!!

Alfred