Friday, October 3, 2008

SeKoixa's Baptism


SeKoixa chose to be baptized back in August. One morning she woke up, and asked if we could go find a new church. We had tried about 10 churches since we moved here, and did not find one that felt like home.

This day, Cymmone was at her Dad's house. So SeKoixa and I set out again to find a church. We happen upon Travelers Rest Missionary Baptist Church. We knew day one that this was where we belonged. I was a member of Calvary Baptist Church in Utah, and we missed going to church and Sunday school every week. It always kept me where I needed to be in life.
I was baptised myself as a baptist a few years back. What a great church, and such wonderful people. They kept me on my toes, and my head on straight. They were my second family. I miss them so much. So do the girls. They miss singing in the childrens choir to. My girls sure love to sing!!

So after SeKoixa and I went to church, before we joined, we needed to introduce Cymmone, and see how she felt about the church as well. Church to me, it's a family decision. Cymmone, she loved it. They asked SeKoixa if she wanted to be baptized, and she said yes. She was about to be 10, and I felt she was ready to make the choice. They asked Cymmone, and she was like - NO! It was funny.

So the day of her baptism, the day after her birthday party, we headed to church. The girls were so cute in their red dresses. After her baptism, Cymmone said she wanted to get baptized to. I asked Cymmone if she knew what it meant to be baptized. She said, "I think so". So I told her it meant that you believed that Jesus died for your sins so that you may be saved. And she said, "oh yes mommy, I do. I guess that means I can be baptized, because I love Jesus!!" But I feel like she needs to be a little older before taking that step.
So for now Cymmone will commit herself to God, and recieve his blessings that way. I am so proud of my girls for making good choices. Here is a video of SeKoixa's Baptism. She is just to cute! Both of the girls are going to join the childrens choir as well.

No comments: