Sunday, October 26, 2008

Music Workshop @ Church

This weekend was sure a busy one. Being active in our church has allowed our lives to be used for good. The girls love singing in their choir. They had a music workshop this weekend. SeKoixa and Cymmone signed up. I was asked to do the welcome for the concert/performance laster that night. So I had to prepare my little speech.

I went and took some photos of everyone and made a video for the church. The Pastor really enjoyed it. If it gets posted on the churches website I will let you all know.

At the performance Cymmone got picked at last minute for a solo. I wished I had recorded it, but at least I was able to get the rap they did recorded. I will see if I can get that posted soon.

The girls also had to perform on Sunday service at 1045am. They were so excited, because both of them had the solos this week. I recorded this one, and again, they have both been blessed with wonderful voices. Cymmone's voice is just now maturing, and with the time we spend singing, she will be like her sister in no time.

SeKoixa, she really draws a crowd. This time the Pastor jumped from his seat and ran up front to see who was singing. Everyone was amazed and so proud of the girls. I am glad the hours I have put into their singing, and their choir is paying off for them. They really enjoy doing it.

I finally finished my new member classes today, so it is official, I am a member of their church now. I joined right into the Youth Ministry, and also signed up to do the Audio Visual Ministry. I got my first taste of working in the AV department tonight. For the first time in our churches history we broadcasted over AM radio and the internet. I am sure we will do it again, I will be sure to let you know when. Here is the site where you can listen next time.

http://www.reggiegay.com/

The girls were supposed to perform tonight to, but they ended up not making the kids sing. However Reggie put the mic to Cymmone's mouth, so she did get on the radio tonight singing. Only for a few seconds, but it was sure funny. I sat in the sound booth controlling the audio that was streaming, so I did not get the chance to see her, she was just out of the camera's view that I also monitored.

1 comment:

Mary Irons said...

They are amazing!!! Honestly, they brought tears to my eyes! Maybe cause I'm tired. But they are wonderful!